Saturday, October 3, 2009

Homemade bread at a sleepover!

Olga and I had a sleepover last week, and it was tons of fun! We went to Walmart first and while we were there, we decided that we wanted to make some homemade bread! So with some help from some employees, we found the yeast, and went home to get started. She had this really good recipe that she made at young womens once, so we made that. It's called "Amish white bread." Here are some pictures...

STEP 1: Mix yeast and warm water

STEP 2: Add flour and work the dough until soft (something like that)

Olga's beautiful heart shaped dough-
He He... i put flower all over her face... He He!

Ok, so even though we weren't making pizza, we wanted to try throwing the dough in the air like you do when you make pizza. It was hard, but way fun!

STEP 3: When dough is ready, shape into two loafs, and place in pans to rise.

STEP 4: Cook in the oven for 30 mins.
The one on the right is mine.... Olga's is way more professional!

This is Olga's- so beautiful. This is the one that I brought home for my family. Olga and I ate most of the loaf that I made.

STEP 5: Eat it up! Good with jam or toasted with butter.
Seriously, it was so good!! And it was even better because it was still hot from taking it out of the oven!

Well, after our bread-making Olga did my nails for me. They looked so awesome!! She did every nail a different color, and then she put zebra stripes on them. I don't know if you can see them very well from this picture...

She also wanted to try to make my hair go curly. So she wet me down, (seriously! She was getting everything wet with the spray bottle!!) then she put a bunch of moose in my hair. To keep it in over night, she french braided my hair and sprayed it all with hairspray.

Then in the morning we took out the braids, and it kind of worked! Not as good as it does when she does it to her hair... but I have a lot more hair then she does...


She came to my volleyball game that morning, and she was my good luck! We were playing a pretty hard team, but we won! It was lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. How skilled you are Brianna. I don't think I could have made bread that looked that good. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete