Saturday, November 28, 2009

Braces are NO MORE!

WHoo Hoo!! I got my braces off last Monday and I am L.O.V.I.N.G. my beautiful pearly whites! he he he! Seriously, they look so good! I didn't tell any of my friends, so after basketball practice my mom picked me up to take me to my 8:00 appointment. When I got there I was so excited! The secretary lady said that it wouldn't hurt and it would go by really fast. Well........ it did hurt when he actually pulled the braces off, but after that it wasn't that bad. For those of you that have never had braces, when they take them off, your teeth are still caked with that gross glue. So they have to use this drill thing on all your teeth to get the glue off. Talk about one wierd feeling!

When I got to school and saw my friends they were totally shocked! It took them a minute to figure out why I was smiling non-stop like a complete moron..... but they finally noticed! I couldn't stop smiling all day long, and my teeth felt really slimy! Then I had to get my retainer on Wednesday. It's polka-dotted but still super annoying! My orthodontist says that I can only take it out when I'm brushing my teeth, so I have to eat with it in too! I'm beginning to get more used to it, but I still hate it! :)

I would have lots of pictures but I'm still camera-less! I don't know if I've mentioned it on here or not, but my camera broke and we had to take it back. We still haven't got a new one because whenever I find one that I like, the store doesn't have any in stock. It's very frustrating but hopefully I can get one soon because I'm really missing having one. Sydney has a few pictures on her camera so I just have to get her to email them to me, then I'll post them!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. It is a very wierd feeling when you get them off. I am sure you look gorgeous like always

    ReplyDelete