Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yearbook staff and 7th grade day!

Am I the only one that can't believe summer is already over!?!?! That's nuts! Well anyway, there's nothing that I can do about it, and I've had fun so far! Amber and I had to go on seventh grade day because we're on the yearbook staff this year, (WAY EXCITED!) and there was a huge training meeting that day! I have to say, "Holy cow there are so many seventh graders this year!!!" That's why some of the ninth graders had to go to westlake..... I feel kind of bad for them becuase they're all so lost and nervous being at a new school, and then it definetly does not help having all the eighth and ninth graders making fun of them!

Amber's mom came out and took our picture before we got on the bus....... Finally we're all three in the same school again! But unfortunetly not for very long becuase next year Amber goes to HIGH SCHOOL!!
It seems like whenever I try to take a picture of all three of us I always cut Amber's face in half! I'm really sorry Amber!

Anyway, I am way excited to be on the yearbook staff!!! The yearbook is going to be awesome this year and I'm so excited to help make it! I'm in charge of the school dances page, the faculty fun pages, (wierd funny pictures of the faculty) and also the foreign language pages! And then of course we all help take lots of pictures for the various pages and the cover and back of the book too....... Some things that we did all day- We learned some picture taking tips, we talked about the book, (obviously) we checked out the yearbook room, we assigned pages, we played games to get to know each other, and we practised taking pictures! Here are a few of them....
Practicing shooting from a "birds eye view." I LOVE this picture! I think that it's way cute!
One of the things that we talked about was using the surroundings as "leading lines" to your subject. In the picture above I was trying to use the bleachers, and in the picture below I was using the track and the bricks on the wall.... They're definetly not professional, but I think they're kind of cool...
Cassie and Elora, some other awesome girls that are on the staff!
The girl in the light blue shirt that's talking is hilarious! She was telling us stories from yearbook camp (only the main editors get to go to that) and we were laughing so hard!
I also LOVE this picture! It's so cute!!! I'm way glad that Amber's on the staff with me, we're going to have so much fun!!

1 comment:

  1. I must say, the girl in the light blue shirt is flattered. =]

    ReplyDelete